If you think your account has been compromised there are a few important things you can do:
- Change your password to a strong, unique password.
- Check if you have received any recent emails from us alerting you to account changes.
- Confirm that your profile content, photos, and contact details are correct.
- Report your loss of access from the report this profile button to start the recover process if you are unable to recover it yourself. You'll receive an email within a few minutes with next steps to complete so we can verify your account ownership and help you out. Please do this as soon as you can to ensure we can recovery your account quickly. Make sure to use your original account email when making the report.
The sections below will help you with each of these items. If you have lost access to your account and are unable to recover it, email us and we will be happy to help out.
Change your password
You should always set a strong, unique password on your account. If you have used the same password to log in to other websites, especially email, you should also change all of those accounts passwords.
If you can access the Tryst dashboard:
- From the dashboard, select New password under Account section.
- Enter the new password you want in the Password field and again in the Password confirmation field. Enter your current password in the Current password field. You won't be able to change your password without your current password.
- Click update.
If you can't access the Tryst dashboard:
- Go to https://app.tryst.link/users/login and click on the Forgot your password? button underneath the login button.
- Enter the email address you use to login to Tryst in the Email field and click Send me reset password instructions.
- Within a short time (usually only a few seconds but it can be up to a minute or two) you will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password. Click the Change my password link in this email and it will bring you to a new page at tryst.link.
- Enter a new password in the box, making sure you check out our password guide to ensure you set a good one.
- If you try to set a password that appears in password breaches we will let you know and prevent you setting it. If you have used that password anywhere else we recommend you also change it on those websites.
- Save your new password and you will be immediately redirected to your Tryst dashboard.
Having trouble finding our emails? Check out the article linked below for some common issues and troubleshooting suggestions:I'm not receiving Tryst emails
Set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
As soon as you have regained access, either yourself following the steps above or with our assistant, you should immediately enable MFA. This is the #1 thing you can do to protect your online accounts from unauthorised access and is extra important on your email account and profile/advert listing accounts.
Check for recent emails about your account
If your account was compromised and the hacker has made changes to your account email address you will have received a confirmation email from Tryst. If you have received one of these emails and no longer have access to your account, report your profile from the report button so we can help you out. Make sure to use your original account email when making the report.
Confirm your profile content
After you change your password and confirm your account information hasn't been changed, check that no content on your profile has been changed.
- Profile about text
- Rates and tours
- Contact information
- Profile photos
If you've lost access to your account
If you can no longer access your account, report it immediately to let us know. You can initiate a report from the Report this profile button on the profile and selecting "This is my account but I can no longer access it" which is the fastest way to get your account recovery started.
Confirm your other accounts are secure
If you use the same password to log in to other accounts you should also change your password there. This is a very important part of ensuring your account stays secure, especially if you used the same password on your email account.
We recommend you use a password manager to help ensure you generate strong, unique passwords on all of the services you use.
On every account you can, we recommend you immediately enable Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), including your Tryst account. This is the #1 thing you can do to protect your online accounts from unauthorised access and is extra important on your email account and profile/advert listing accounts.